James E. Eckhart, D.D.S., Inc. Orthodontics
Torrance and South Bay Orthodontist
Call (310) 341-4001 Today. Se Habla Español.
Dr. Eckhart attained his dentist degree at USC where he was class president and valedictorian and obtained his certificate in orthodontics from the University of California at San Francisco. He obtained a credential in dental sleep medicine from the Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and is very experienced in treating CPAP-intolerant individuals with snoring and obstructive sleep apnea.
Dr. Eckhart has been an Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider, placing him among the top 1% of Invisalign providers in the world.
Orthodontist in Torrance and South Bay
Dr. Eckhart has lectured and published on the subjects of overbite correction and treating snoring, and his patented overbite corrector, the MARA or mandibular anterior repositioning appliance, is already the second largest selling such device in the United States since being introduced in 1996.
Dr. Eckhart has been an Elite Premier Provider of Invisalign and has treated more than 2,000 persons with Invisalign as of December, 2016. He enjoys a close relationship with orthodontic supply companies, testing recent innovations whenever available while delivering the best treatment possible to his expanding practice. Dr. Eckhart has gathered an exceptional staff that is committed to providing the best possible service, and we are interested in helping you or your child to get the best results possible from your orthodontic treatment.
Dr. Eckhart is or has been a member of
many professional societies including the following:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- California State Society of Orthodontists
- Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Invisalign Mentor Southern California
- Invisalign Top 1% Elite Provider
- Invisalign Peer-to-Peer Study Club
- Ormco Insiders Club
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Western Los Angeles Dental Society
- Power Practice Management Group
- Progressive Study Club
Outstanding Skill in Orthodontic Treatment
Our practice is at the forefront of the most current treatments for both sleep related issues and teeth straightening. Dr. Eckhart is recognized as a top professional in his field, and has published countless articles in professional journals, and is often called upon to lecture on a range of orthodontic subjects, including the problem of snoring and how to best get relief fast, how to correct overbites effectively, and how to use Invisalign most effectively.
Jim Eckhart and his wife, Carlene, have been married since 1971. They have three grown children and two grandchildren. Dr. Eckhart participates in various civic groups. He enjoys running and book collecting, especially biographies of world leaders, scientists, and inventors.
Date of Birth: January 1, 1945
Education and Residency Training
- 2000 Certificate in Invisalign
- 2000 Credential in Dental Sleep Medicine
- 1974 Certificate in Orthodontics University of California at San Francisco - Post-doctoral specialty training, Board eligible
- 1970 Doctor of Dental Surgery Dentistry University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA, Valedictorian, Class President
- 1966 Associate of Arts Predentistry El Camino College, Torrance, CA - Predentistry Award
- 1962-4 Electrical Engineering Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Certificates & Achievements
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Southern California School of Dentistry
- Orthodontics Certificate – University of California
- University of Southern California School of Dentistry – Sophomore Class President
- Certificate of Completion – Redondo Beach Fire Department, Community Emergency Response Team Academy
- Credential - American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Credential - Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider Top 1 %
- 1992 Citizen of the Year, Manhattan Beach Lions Club
- 1970 McNulty Award, University of Southern California Highest grade point average for four years. School of Dentistry.
- 1962 Dofflemyer Scholarship to Stanford University
- 1962 Walteria Businessmen's Club Scholarship
- 1958 Eagle Scout
Professional Appointments and Services
1978-9 Secretary, Southern California Bioprogressive Study Club
Contact Torrance or South Bay orthodontist James E. Eckhart for the expertise you need to improve your smile or to stop snoring.